Staff Specialist (Paediatric Emergency Medicine / Emergency Medicine)
Work type: Full Time
TOWNSVILLE UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL, QLD, AUSTRALIA
Generous remuneration package value up to AUD $441,006 p.a.
(Paediatric Emergency Medicine / Emergency Medicine)
Emergency Department/Townsville University Hospital
Generous remuneration package value up to $441,006 p.a. comprising salary range of $7060.20 to $8951.50 p.f. or $88.25 - $111.89 p.h. (L18-L27), 17.5% leave loading, 12.75% employer contribution to superannuation. Other employment benefits may include: professional development, salary sacrificing options, shift and locality allowances, corporate discounts, wellness programs and the EAP.
The Townsville University Hospital is Australia’s northernmost tertiary facility. We are a mixed ED caring for over 90,000 presentations per annum with a 30% admission rate. Paediatric patients account for 20-25% of ED presentations. We are the primary referral centre for North Queensland and beyond.
We have a newly opened 12-bed paediatric ED space and are looking for PEMs and FACEMs to join our team who will collaborate and lead the growth of paediatric care for patients in Townsville.
We are accredited for 24 months ED time as a major referral centre. Townsville ED also has strong links with LifeFlight Retrieval Medicine, the Townsville University Hospital’s Hospital in the Home service and Frailty Intervention Teams, with FACEMs staffing these staff specialist posts.
We have dedicated primary and fellowship teaching programs, with high success rates. We offer a flexible rostering to accommodate full time and part time employees with commitments outside of work.
Relocation packages are available.
Townsville is a large regional centre in tropical North Queensland, with a population of approximately 180,000. We enjoy 300 days of sunshine per year, with average July temperatures of 25 degrees. Trust us, winter here is amazing. Townsville is a cosmopolitan centre with a wide variety of restaurants, cultural activities and sporting teams in national competitions. Magnetic Island is only a 20minute ferry ride away, and the Whitsundays, Great Barrier Reef, tropical beaches and rainforests are all within close travel distance. Townsville is a family-friendly city with a variety of outdoor activities and excellent public and private schooling options. James Cook University and School of Medicine are adjacent to the hospital. There are direct flights to Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne from the Townsville Airport with excellent links to other centres.
The Townsville Hospital and Health Service vision is one of excellence… to emerge the leader in health care, research and education for regional Australia.
- Appointment to this position requires proof of MBBS and FACEM qualifications (or equivalent) and Specialist registration with APHRA. Certified copies of the required information must be provided to the appropriate supervisor/manager prior to commencement of clinical duties.
- Current registration (or be eligible for registration) with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) to practice emergency medicine.
- Candidates with specialist registration/qualification relevant specialist practice of paediatric emergency medicine will be highly preferred. (Single fellowship and JTC PEM training requirements completed or Dual fellowship); or assessment of substantial comparability.
- Demonstrated clinical experience in both paediatric and adult Emergency Medicine. Current clinical practice in paediatric emergency care is essential.
- Highly desirable qualities are experience and qualifications in Paediatric Emergency Medicine
Interested..? For a confidential discussion please contact Dr Luke Lawton on 07 4433 2914.
Job Ad Reference TV386018
Apply here: https://smartjobs.qld.gov.au/jobs/QLD-TV386018
Applications close on Thursday 30 September 2021.