Medical Officer - Aeromedical
Work type: Full Time
Emergency Medicine/Junior/House Officer/RMO
CAIRNS QLD, AUSTRALIA
RFDS is looking for skilled Medical Officers interested in exploring a new and exciting role in Aeromedical retrieval medicine.
The Royal Flying Doctor Service (Queensland Section) have opportunities to join our team in Cairns or Charleville on a part-time, maximum term (6 month) basis. FIFO is available for Charleville.
As a specialist in our exceptional frontline team, you’ll embrace a unique professional challenge. You’ll use all the skills you’ve worked so hard to acquire, making a difference to people’s everyday lives and delivering vital care in emergency situations serving regional, rural and remote Queenslanders.
- Work collaboratively as part of a multi-disciplinary team (e.g. Flight Nurse, Pilot and other team members) to ensure best practice medical care in each emergency retrieval and inter-facility transfer
- Liaise with Retrieval Services Queensland (RSQ), Duty Tasking Officers and referring/receiving facilities to coordinate inter-facility transfers of patients
- Conduct handover to usual care provider
- Provide telehealth consultations (utilising telephone, videoconference, email and other means) as required and within abilities, qualifications and scope of practice
- Provide advice to nurses and other health professionals as required
- Participate in quality improvement activities such as clinical audits and case reviews
- Practice in accordance with legislation as outlined by the Medical Board of Australia (AHPRA).
Who are we looking for?
To be successful in this role you should have experience in the following relevant areas:
- Registration with AHPRA as medical practitioner
- Fellowship of the RACGP, ACCRM, CICM, ANZCA or ACEM
- 3 - 5 years post graduate experience
- Ability to meet Medical Officer – Aeromedical credentialing requirement
- Comprehensive knowledge of contemporary Medical practice in the aeromedical environment.
Why Join us?
With a workplace spanning thousands of kilometres in regional and outback Queensland you’ll see work and life like never before. In addition, we offer:
- Attractive remuneration package + Salary sacrificing benefits + Super
- Fly-in; fly-out options (within QLD)
- Commitment to support your professional development
- Comprehensive orientation program
To discuss opportunities within the RFDS (Queensland Section) please contact Recruitment on:
07 3852 7553 or email@example.com
Please note, that your application may be subject to review by a representative from Queensland Health for the purposes of assessing suitability, experience and qualifications, for the role that you are applying for.
Successful candidates will be subject to a Police Checks and Pre-employment Drug and Alcohol Testing. Candidates are required to hold a current, unrestricted Australian Driver's Licence and obtain an ASIC Card. You will also be required to successfully complete the RFDS credentialing process. Prior to appointment you will be required to provide certified copies of qualifications/registrations and evidence of immunity or vaccination against VPD.
The RFDS is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People are encouraged to apply.