Registrar - Emergency Medicine
Location: Australia,Western Australia
Work type: Full Time
ST JOHN OF GOD MURDOCH, Perth, Western Australia
AUD $109,678 - $150,479 yearly
Welcome to St John of God Health Care
St John of God Health Care is one of the largest Catholic providers of health care services in Australia. We operate 24 facilities comprising more than 3,400 hospital beds in Australia, as well as home nursing, disability services and social outreach programs.
With over 120 years' experience in health care, we have an excellent reputation as a caring, nurturing and supportive employer. Learning is highly valued and there are many opportunities for professional development.
About the Position
The Emergency Department at St John of God Murdoch Hospital is Western Australia’s only Private Emergency Department - our ED may be unlike any other you have worked in. We pride ourselves on a friendly and inclusive culture and look forward to new members to our team.
- Senior Medical Staff team (FACEM, Senior Medical Officers and ACEM trainees)
- Mixed adult / paediatric ED sees approximately 20,000 patients per year with admission rate of 40%
- Excellent access to diagnostic imaging, and a broad array of specialist inpatient colleagues in our 500 plus bed tertiary private hospital
- Our training program is accredited by ACEM and is led by our Professor of Emergency Medicine, Ian Rogers and our DEMT, Dr. Julie Dockerty
- Strong commitment to inter-disciplinary learning and make regular use of simulation as part of our learning programs
- We have a great track record with fellowship examination candidates
- Immediate point of contact with consultants
The successful candidate will have:
- Eligible for provisional or general registration as a medical practitioner with the Medical Board of Australia (AHPRA).
- Registered with the Australasian College for Emergency Medicine
- A minimum of 2 years clinical experience in a range of medical and acute care disciplines commensurate with this position.
- Proven highly developed interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrates verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate clinical and procedural experience commensurate with clinical responsibilities of a Registrar.
- A willingness and capacity to embrace the Mission and Values of St John of God Health Care.
For enquiries contact Dr Jason Fitch, Director Emergency Medicine on (08) 9438 9121.
Applications Close: 4th November 2020
St John of God Health Care embraces diversity and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people with disabilities. We are committed to providing a safe environment for all children and vulnerable people in our care and proactively take measures to protect children/vulnerable people from abuse.