Senior Registrars/Fellows (Emergency Medicine)
Work type: Full Time
AUD $144 722 - $159 479 p.a.
An opportunity has become available for several Senior Registrars/Fellows (Emergency Medicine) to join Gold Coast Health (GCH) where the focus of our 10,000-strong team is on providing world-class health care to over 550,000 people living in the Gold Coast, and northern New South Wales region of Australia.
You will take responsibility for
- Providing appropriate evidenced-based clinical care and, where necessary, delegate the provision of clinical care to patients under their name
- Providing and allowing for adequate communication to all stakeholders along the patient’s continuum of care
- Supervising training registrars and junior medical staff to ensure appropriate provision of patient care
- Contributing to the delivery of teaching medical students, registrars and pre-vocational junior doctors within the hospital through guidance, seminars, tutorials, on-the-job and off-the-job training to clinical staff on their specialist area
Requirements for the role
- Fellowship of the Australasian College for Emergency Medicine (FACEM) or equivalent and be eligible for registration as a specialist with AHPRA. (Candidates expecting completion to attain fellowship during 2020/21 will be considered)
- Appointment to this position requires proof of qualification and registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
- Evidence of competency in speaking and communicating in English as demonstrated by having completed the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) examination and achieving a minimum score of 7 in each of the four components
- Participate in after-hours roster for the Emergency Department. This will include evening shifts but does not include night shift or on-call duties. The weekend commitments are 1:3 weekends
- Career Development
- Flexible work policies
- Leave loading
- Salary Packaging
- Modern Facilities
- Diverse Work Culture
- Temporary full time (12 months with the possibility of extension)
- Base salary ranging from $144 722 - $159 479 per annum
- Up to 12.75% employer superannuation contribution
- 5% leave loading
About Gold Coast Health
- Nationally and internationally recognised location for innovative medical research and health care
- Annual operating budget exceeding $1.3 billion
- More than 1100 beds across three hospitals - Gold Coast University Hospital, Robina Hospital, Varsity Lakes Hospital and Robina and Southport Health Precincts
- Acute and sub-acute care in hospital and community settings
- Opportunity to combine professional advancement, job satisfaction and relaxation into one fulfilling lifestyle
About the Emergency Department
Emergency and Assessment Services is an integrated division that was established in 2010. The principle purpose is to support other clinical divisions to ensure effective and efficient management of the Gold Coast Hospital and Health Service patients and their families.
The division nurtures productive relationships with internal colleagues and externally through pre-hospital care, primary care, private hospitals, non-government organisations, aged care facilities and community organisations.
GCH is committed to attracting the right people for our organisation. To help us with this we have developed a Core Capability Framework which defines the skills and behaviours required to perform successfully as an organisation.
How to Apply
Please click the Apply button to review the Role Description and submit your application by Friday, 31 July 2020.
Please note: no third-party applications will be accepted.
Enquiries: Stuart Watkins 0408 656 835
Job Ad Reference: GC347794
Closing Date: Friday, 31 July 2020.