Staff Specialist Emergency Medicine
Location: Australia,New South Wales
Work type: Full Time
WAGGA WAGGA BASE HOSPITAL, DOCKER STREET, WAGGA WAGGA NSW, AUSTRALIA
$240,000 - $296,000 yearly
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time Position Classification: Staff Specialist Remuneration:$240,419 - $296,682 plus Staff Specialist Emergency Physician Allowance for eligible applicants (currently at 25%)
Closing Date: 17 May 2020
- Growing Emergency Department, join a team of experienced Specialists
- Access to an extensive range of salary packaging options including novated leasing, meal and entertainment
- Opportunity to live in one of Australia’s most family friendly cities
Staff Specialist Emergency Medicine
Wagga Wagga Base Hospital is seeking an Emergency Medicine Staff Specialist to join the Emergency Department. Reporting to the Clinical Director of Emergency Medicine you will provide clinical management and treatment of MLHD patients.
Where you'll be working
Wagga Wagga Base Hospital (WWBH) is one of the busiest rural hospitals in NSW with over 300 beds, 40,000 emergency presentations, 1,100 births and approximately 11,000 operations annually.
A significant three stage re-build of WWBH is well underway, with the third and final stage of the redevelopment, a six-storey Ambulatory Care Building, commencing in 2018. Construction is due to be completed late 2020 with operational commissioning in 2021.
Stages 1 and 2 completed in 2017, delivered a new 50-bed Mental Health Building and a 7-storey Acute Services Building. Wagga Wagga Base Hospital includes an emergency department, operating theatres, women’s and children’s inpatient unit, intensive care and high dependency unit, angiography suites, additional inpatient beds and a rooftop helipad. Specialties include cardiovascular, gastroenterology, renal medicine, obstetrics, orthopaedics, psychiatry and paediatrics.
In total, the NSW Government is investing $431 million in the development of Wagga Wagga Health Service. It represents one of the largest health redevelopment in the state. Further information about the WWHS Redevelopment is available here http://www.wwhsredev.health.nsw.gov.au/
About the great community of Wagga Wagga! Known as the hub of the Riverina, Wagga Wagga has recently been recognised as one of the ‘top family friendly’ cities in Australia; boasting a rich range of cultural experiences, a strong sporting culture and a wide selection of schools and education options for families.
With an urban population over 60,000 people, Wagga Wagga is NSW’s largest inland city and offers a myriad of activities to enjoy, including a wonderful selection of restaurants, cafes, markets and wineries, galleries and museums.
Learn more about the benefits and lifestyle of Wagga Wagga
We can offer you
- A diverse clinical case mix 24% paediatric and O&G
- A significant amount of trauma and all the acute presentations that made you want to do Emergency Medicine as a career.
- Potential to develop an interest in simulation, ultrasound, trauma, toxicology education or short stay medicine as a senior member of the department.
We are seeking individals with;
- Specialist registration with the Medical Board of Australia in Emergency Medicine or is an Advanced Trainee in the final 6 months of training approaching Fellowship.
- Demonstrated recent clinical experience in Emergency Medicine at the role delineation of the service.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team and provide leadership of a team.
- Demonstrated effective clinical communication through the use of information technology and written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to teaching, continuing education, research and quality improvement.
- Availability to participate in an on-call roster and to respond on site within a reasonable time.
- Demonstrated commitment to behaviours which align to the NSW Health CORE values and MLHD Values, goals and strategies.
For role related queries or questions contact Stephen.Wood4@health.nsw.gov.au or Jeremy.Fry@health.nsw.gov.au