Pre-hospital Retrieval Registrars – Northern Territory – February 2020
Location: Australia,Northern Territory
Work type: Full Time
DARWIN NT, AUSTRALIA
AUD $109,000 - $154,000 yearly
- 3 February 2020 start
- Competitive remuneration + salary packaging
- Registrar pay grades range between $109,000 - $154,000
- Iconic Australian Not-For-Profit organisation
CareFlight is an Australian not-for-profit aeromedical organisation. Our mission is to save lives, speed recovery and serve the community.
We operate from locations in NSW, northern WA and the Top End of the NT. Our specially trained doctors, nurses and paramedics use helicopters, aeroplanes, medi-jets and road ambulances to bring a hospital level of care to over 9,000 patients each year. We also deploy medical professionals to remote oil, gas & mining sites, both onshore and offshore.
We offer six or 12 month terms for registrars in Anaesthesia, Intensive Care or Emergency Medicine. Previous retrieval experience is not required as our comprehensive induction and ongoing training program will teach you all you need to know.
We’ll take the hassle out of coming to Australia by assisting you with your visa, college accreditation and Australian medical registration needs.
Based in Darwin, your role will involve low and high acuity transfers within Australia, off-shore and internationally. Working from bases in Broome, Gove and Darwin you will experience many transfers from remote Aboriginal communities, including world famous areas like Kakadu National Park and Arnhem Land.
If you decide to spend twelve months with us, we can broaden your horizons by providing you with a six month rotation at each base (NT/NSW).
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a minimum of 5 years post graduate experience with critical care, high level airway and resuscitation skills;
- have 3 months experience in both Anaesthetics and Emergency Medicine;
- have successfully completed of ATLS or EMST;
- be physically fit and able to work at heights and in water;
- be registered to practice in Australia (or be willing to undertake medical registration);
- successfully complete CareFlight’s pre-employment physical assessment;
- be prepared to undertake Helicopter Underwater Escape Training (HUET) and
- hold a current passport, driver’s license and visa (if required).
How to apply
If you would like to be part of our team, you can apply using the link below. Please ensure you attach a current resume and covering letter that addresses the role’s essential criteria.
CareFlight values diversity in the workplace. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply.
All employees must comply with CareFlight’s Drug and Alcohol Management Plan (DAMP) as required by CASA and may be subject to random workplace testing. Criminal Record and Working With Children Checks also apply.