Senior Staff Specialist – ED Medicine
Location: Australia,Australian Capital Territory
Work type: Full Time
CALVARY PUBLIC HOSPITAL BRUCE, MARY POTTER CIRCUIT, BRUCE ACT, AUSTRALIA
AUD $222,205 yearly
About Calvary Public Hospital Bruce ED
Calvary Public Hospital Bruce (CPHB) is a 265 bed multi-discipline modern hospital serving the north Canberra and the wider ACT community. The ED sees about 60,000 patients (25% admission rate) and is supported on site by general medicine, cardiology, general surgery, O&G and intensive care services. Our tertiary referral hospital is The Canberra Hospital for trauma & orthopaedics, primary PCI and paediatrics. At CPHB, our patients and their families expect a highly skilled, compassionate and dedicated workforce. Calvary staff pride themselves on ‘being for others’.
The ED is about to undergo a review of its model of care to accompany a physical renewal with the focus being on improved reception and triage of patients, enhanced see and treat capacity, and increased SSU (including 4 paediatric SSU beds). There is a strong interest in Point of Care Ultrasound with a number of consultants holding either the DDU or CCPU. The department is currently accredited for advanced training with ACEM (12 months).
About the role
Calvary is seeking Senior Staff Specialists to provide supervision and leadership for junior and middle grade medical staff including provision of opportunities for the extension of their clinical knowledge and skills. You will manage, coordinate and assume professional responsibility for the timely assessment and management of patients in the Emergency Department and admitted under the care of Emergency Medicine. We are seeking up to three Staff Specialist Emergency Physicians to join our expanding department in 2019/20.
What you bring
- Hold medical registration with AHPRA
- Hold the FACEM (or soon to complete the FACEM)
- Have a keen interest in providing strong clinical leadership as part of our team
- Have demonstrable experience in teaching other clinicians
- Have a willingness to actively contribute to all activities that contribute the delivery of high quality care
How to apply?
Applicants are expected to respond in writing with a cover letter outlining the following:
- A cover letter (max 1 to page) stating your suitability (using the position description as a guide) for the role; a response to selection criteria is NOT required and will not be considered as part of your application
- Current Resume
- Contact details of 2 professional referees
Closing date for applications: 11:45pm Sunday, 1st December 2019
Applications must be submitted online via: http://www.calvary-act.com.au/career-vacancies.html
Please note we are unable to accept emailed applications or resumes and phone calls from recruitment agencies.