Registrar – 2020 - 2021 Clinical Year Registrar and Senior Registrar Positions
Location: Australia,Australian Capital Territory
Work type: Full Time
CALVARY PUBLIC HOSPITAL BRUCE, MARY POTTER CIRCUIT, BRUCE ACT, AUSTRALIA
AUD $98,704 - $138,677 yearly
About Calvary Public Hospital Bruce
Calvary Public Hospital Bruce (CPHB) is a 265 bed multi-discipline, mod ern health care facility serving the ACT community. At CPHB, our patients and their families expect a highly skilled, compassionate and dedicated workforce. Calvary staff pride themselves on ‘being for others’. The patient journey is at the centre of Calvary’s philosophy within our models of care.
About the Registrar Role
Registrars should be committed to a career in emergency medicine. We provide excellent training for the right people so we would welcome applications from trainees that are in the early stages of their career. With close ties to The Canberra Hospital and the Australian National University, there are many opportunities in the region for those that want to stay and finish their training in Canberra.
About the Senior Registrar Role
We feel that it is important that senior registrars are given a graduated level of responsibility during the latter stages of their training. For the right candidate in their final year of training, we can offer a tailored roster, some non-clinical time and additional training in ultrasound or another area of interest.
What can we offer you?
- An experienced and cohesive multidisciplinary team with a supportive workplace culture
- Opportunity to apply evidence-based practice in a values-based organisation
- Belief in outstanding work/life balance and rosters that reflect this
- Opportunities for Professional Development
- Comprehensive orientation and induction programs
- A weekly paid and protected registrar education program
- Opportunities to be involved in the education of others and in quality assurance
- Consultants who have expertise in ultrasound and other sub-specialty interests
- Study leave and an educational allowance to attend conferences and courses
- Competitive employment conditions and remuneration
- Access to generous salary packaging benefits
How to apply?
Applicants are expected to respond in writing with a cover letter outlining the following:
- A cover letter (max 1 to 2 page) stating your suitability (using the position description as a guide) for the role; a response to selection criteria is NOT required and will not be considered as part of your application
- Current Resume
- Contact details of 2 professional referees
As part of the application process, you may be required to participate in a health evaluation, which could include face to face assessment and drug and alcohol testing, to ensure your suitability for the role.
Closing date for applications: 11:45 Sunday, 1st December 2019
Applications must be submitted online via: http://www.calvary-act.com.au/career-vacancies.html
Please note we are unable to accept emailed applications or resumes and phone calls from recruitment agencies.
Contact officers for further information:
Dr David Banfield
Dr John Gardiner