Emergency Medicine Specialists (Fractional or Full-time)
Work type: Full Time
attractive remuneration package which includes excellent support for relocation and accommodation
Albury Wodonga Health is seeking Emergency Medicine Specialists (Fractional or Full-time) to work in its Emergency Department.
What are we looking for?
The successful candidates will support the Director of Emergency Medicine by demonstrating:
- Leadership skills which prioritise quality, safety and risk and support continuous improvement
- Significant clinical experience in the provision of emergency medical care
- Fellowship of the Australasian College of Emergency Medicine
- Sound understanding of contemporary Emergency Department models of care
- An ability to lead service improvement through forms of quality improvement activities
- An interest, having skills and being willing to participate in teaching at undergraduate and postgraduate level
- Developed leadership and management skills with the ability to liaise and negotiate with professional staff, the public and others
- Well-developed skills in written and verbal communication, and the ability to represent the organisation and departmental goals and policies
- Demonstrated commitment to continued personal and professional development
The Emergency Department has approximately 60,000 presentations per year with an admission rate of 20% and paediatric presentations of 25%. Albury Wodonga Health is the Regional Trauma Referral Centre dealing with the full spectrum of Emergency Care with trauma and resuscitation.
We have a strong and innovative clinical practice with ongoing development of point of care clinical ultrasound, procedural sedation, non-invasive and invasive ventilation, toxicological and toxinological practices.
You will be joining a dynamic new team of FACEMs committed to excellent emergency medicine practice.
The Emergency Department enjoys close working relationships with other specialities within the organisation – ICU, Medicine, Surgery, Urology, Orthopaedics, Obs & Gyn and Paediatrics. There is excellent Mental Health support onsite. The new $65 million Regional Cancer Centre is also located onsite for ongoing Oncology support.
The department is also supported with 24 hour imaging and pathology services.
Albury Wodonga is the first cross border public health service to exist in Australia. Regionally situated between Sydney and Melbourne, it directly serves a local community of 100,000 and supports a catchment population of 250,000 covering North East Victoria and Southern New South Wales.
Care is provided to our community through:
- Two public hospitals (Albury Hospital and Wodonga Hospital)
- Two community rehabilitation centres located at the Albury and Wodonga Hospitals
- Wodonga Dental Clinic
- Mental Health Services in Wodonga, Beechworth and Wangaratta
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services located in Wodonga and Wangaratta
Albury Wodonga Health offers an attractive remuneration package which includes excellent support for relocation, accommodation and professional development. The department encourages a good work life balance and flexible rostering practices.
Please contact Dr David Clancy, Acting Director of Emergency Medicine, for more information via email on firstname.lastname@example.org. Formal applications are to be forwarded to Dr Glenn Davies, Director of Medical Services via email: email@example.com