EMERGENCY CONSULTANT, GEELONG
Work type: Full Time
GEELONG VIC, AUSTRALIA
AUD $285,445 - $315,691 per annum
St John of God Geelong Hospital is a large not-for-profit health care organisation that provides high quality health care to Geelong and the surrounding community. With an inpatient services including a new ICU and all subspecialties except Psychiatry, our growing Emergency Department sees 12,000 patients per year, with approximately 15% pediatrics presentations.
Geelong is Victoria’s largest regional city with a population of approximately 250,000. It is perfectly located with easy access to Melbourne as well as the superb beaches, restaurants and wineries of the Bellarine Peninsula, Surf Coast and the Great Ocean Road.
We are currently seeking expression of interest from qualified and experienced Emergency Consultants to provide specialist emergency services to adult and paediatric patients on a part time or casual basis. We invite applications from trainees post fellowship exams with some training time as well.
Our Consultants will promote patient quality and safety and provide leadership, training, supervision and education to doctors in training, Health Service Medical Practitioners and other health workers.
The successful candidate will have:
- A willingness and capacity to embrace the Mission and Values of St John of God Health Care.
- Eligibility for full registration as a Medical Practitioner with the Medical Board of Australia as a Specialist in Emergency Medicine.
- Fellowship of the Australian College of Emergency Medicine.
- Demonstrated substantial clinical experience in the management of high acuity patients in a complex hospital environment, including Paediatrics.
- Evidence of career long education and professional development.
- Demonstrated experience in teaching at registrar or fellowship level.
St John of God Health Care offers its employees excellent working conditions, a family friendly workplace, competitive remuneration, salary packaging and opportunity to enhance your skills and qualifications.
St John of God Health Care embraces diversity and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people with disabilities.
For enquiries about this position, applicants should contact Dr Georgina Hayden, Director Emergency Medicine on (03) 5226 8811.
To apply, go to www.sjog.org.au/working-with-us and enter reference number 24447.