Strategic Policy Officer - Canberra
Location: Australia,Australian Capital Territory
Work type: Full Time
Medicine (Internal Medicine)/Specialist/Consultant
Competitive benefits and salary packaging options available
What’s on offer
An opportunity for a medical graduate to build their knowledge, skills and experience in policy and delivery of medical education and assessment, in a world class medical education standards organisation.
- Learn about and help shape improvements in medical education and training
- Experience quality assurance and standards-setting processes, and policy development
- Work with profession leaders, medical educators and health policy developers
- Competitive salary and capacity for flexible working arrangements
The Australian Medical Council
The AMC is an independent national standards body for medical education and training, and assessment. It accredits medical programs against the accreditation standards it develops, develops state of the art written and clinical assessments for international medical graduates seeking to practise in Australia, and contributes to national and international policy debates on standards of medical training and practice.
The AMC works with national and international partners across complex and rapidly changing systems: healthcare, medical regulation and workforce policy, professional accreditation, and higher and vocational/specialist education to ensure that standards of medical education and training promote and protect the health of the Australian community.
The Strategic Policy Officer
The Strategy Policy Officer will work on AMC and joint AMC/partner projects to address challenges and opportunities in medical education and practice identified in the AMC’s 2018-2028 strategic plan. The position works across the AMC business areas, with AMC senior staff, its Board of Directors and the Health Professions Accreditation Collaborative Forum – an interprofessional accreditation coalition.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated interest in standards of medical education and training, be self-driven, a problem solver by nature, be able to build strong relationships and networks, and have strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret and synthesise complex information, and to present information clearly in reports, briefing papers and presentations.
This is a contract position, available for three years. The position is Canberra-based but will include domestic and, potentially, some international travel.
- Assist in leading strategic projects and initiatives from planning to delivery
- Drive policy development, research and analysis to support the AMC’s response to external policy and systems developments
- Work with and support expert working groups to develop policy, thought pieces, learning resources and other strategic outcomes, with high quality secretariat support, advice and written work
- Support AMC stakeholder consultations
- Contribute to AMC analysis of opportunities for improvement and growth, and to review and evaluation of AMC strategic plans and risk assessment
- Support projects of the Health Professions Accreditation Collaborative Forum.
AMC staff benefits include:
- training and development support
- salary packaging
- active social club
- Free parking
Click on "Apply for this Job", and submit your CV, along with a cover letter addressing your suitability for the role.
Applications close at 9am on Friday, 23 August
The position description is available at: http://www.amc.org.au/about/employment-opportunities.
For further information please contact Theanne Walters, Deputy CEO, on 02 6270 9748