2020 Unaccredited Aged Care Registrar
Work type: Full Time
Medicine (Internal Medicine)/Registrar/PHO
Salary packaging including novated vehicle leasing
Western Health manages three acute public hospitals: Footscray, Sunshine and Williamstown Hospital. It also operates the Sunbury Day Hospital, Transition Care at Hazeldean and a range of community based services. We care for a culturally diverse population of more than 1 million people. We have 7,000 employees who are driven by our values of ‘Compassion, Accountability, Respect, Excellence and Safety’ (CARES).
Our continued growth has seen the addition of a new purpose built, multi-storey Joan Kirner Women's and Children's at Sunshine Hospital.
About the Role
The Geriatric Medicine Department is a highly respected department within WH. We are involved in all points of care in a patient’s journey – with a Geriatrician in ED model of care, 5 AAC units, 3 OGS units, 6 subacute wards, and multiple community services, specialist clinics and rapid access clinics. We have strong working relationships with all other departments, and are involved in establishing several innovative models of care. We are a large department of 22 Consultant Geriatricians who are passionate about providing best care to our patients, and providing an excellent training experience for our Registrars.
The Geriatric Medicine Department will have 13 advanced trainees in 2020, working across Footscray, Sunshine, Williamstown and Werribee Hospitals. This creates an opportunity for an unaccredited Geriatric Medicine registrar to be part of the team, in a position that provides leave cover to the advanced trainees. This position provides a unique opportunity to work across the breadth of the Subacute and Aged Care Division in the following areas:
- The largest Acute Aged Care program in Victoria;
- Orthogeriatrics service;
- Geriatric Evaluation and Management (GEM) units across Footscray, Sunshine, Williamstown and Werribee hospitals;
- Cardio-geriatrics service;
- Dementia Management Unit;
- Transitional Care;
- Acute inpatient consultation service;
- Specialty clinics, including Movement Disorders, Falls and Mobility, Falls and Fractures, Wound, Urodynamics and CDAMS
- Community-based care including HARP, Rapid Access Clinics, Residential Aged Care Liaison and Rural assessments.
This position would be ideally suited to a Basic Physician Trainee with Registrar level experience and an interest in Geriatric Medicine. This registrar would have access to all the in-house training opportunities the advanced trainees receive, as well as the BPT training program that WH provides.
This position would involve weekday shifts only with no on-call or after hours responsibilities.
We offer a wide range of benefits such as:
- Work-life balance
- Professional development and career advancement opportunities
- Salary packaging including novated vehicle leasing
- Onsite fitness clubs
- Culturally safe and respectful environment
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program
Contact Person: Claire Long
Contact Number: 0383457860
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternate Contact Person: Clare White
Alternate Contact Number: 0383457860
Closing Date: 30/09/2019